Re: NST's w/ Dimmer

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hello,
I think one option might be to use one dimmer unit for the adjuster
circuit and the diac, then use two of the large 20 amp triacs available
to do the actual clipping.
I'm not sure how robust the little diacs are that come in the fan
controls, but i would think one could gate two triacs?
This way each transformer would have it's own power control but they
would be gated at the exact same time.
Also, I wonder if a setup such as this could benefit from a smallish
paralleling choke?
Take care,
Marc M.
Geek #1055
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Chris Sartler by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Chris.Sartler-at-adicon-dot-com>