Re: On the matter of tuning....

Original poster: "mbarbani by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbarbani-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Richard,

I've always had good tuning success using this trial and error method, I don't
know of any other way around it:
(forgive the lack of complex technical B.S. here, I've always been one to use
the "KISS" principle <Keep It Simple, Stupid>)

Tap the primary at the outer-most turn and power up the coil.
Shut off power, tap primary at the next turn inward, try again.
Repeat this procedure until you find the turn that produces maximum spark
length, then move the tap radially a few inches around that turn to fine tune
the best spot.

Hope this is something what you were looking for..
Marc B.

http://dailynews.yahoo-dot-com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/