Re: goofy mot?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

david,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

> Hi Marc,
>
> Would that be a commercial MWO?

Yes i think it was designed as a light commercial or heavy residential
unit. After checking into it a bit, I found that the "inverter" style
microwaves actually can run at reduced power levels for cooking instead
of just "pulsing" the magnetron at full power like the norm.
You are very correct in that a schematic one could not be obtained so
far? Very "tight lipped" indeed.
>From initial looksees i can see a true nightmare in keeping one of these
running, the transformer so far consists some 2g fine strand bare copper
looking wire for a primary and a ferrite core (not sure how that would
work, but it looks bare to me), more like a flyback then an mot. I see
two hv diodes instead of one and some transistors that are on a serious
heat sink.
I'll get a pic or two so all can see the future of mot's, looks kinda
neet to play with, but now i wish i wouldn't have shown the "little
woman", she thinks that all of the sudden our old oven is no good and
should be replaced with this one?
"DARN THE BAD LUCK"? I'll have to print your problematic report for her
to read so as i can have a new toy to play with?
Right now I'm thinking of giving the gmheislr another run for it's
money? A friend of mine gave me 25' of 14g, 99.9% pure silver wire, hmmm
13" right?
Take care,
Marc

 I had a customer with a dual magnetron unit