Re: Is this possible

Original poster: "Eleanor Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <eflood-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hi Mike,
The best color I get on my Jacob's ladder electrodes is from
CaCl..-dot-commonly sold in homestores as DampOff.....I got a big container
at Home Depot for a couple of dollars, dissolved about a teaspoonful of
the white stuff in a couple of tablespoons of water....spark travels
with a really nice red.  After I run it I use a damp cloth and wipe it
off....I am told CaCl is very corrosive.  The stuff gets warm in the
water as it dissolves. Get a better yellow or orange from KCl...sold in
the grocery as salt substitute...than with NaCl.   Boric acid from OTC
drug sections as an eye wash, dissolved in ethanol gives a pretty good
green.
Check any chemical solution that is used to soak pinecones to make color
in fireplaces....should work on JL....this info came to me  from a
chemistry professor.
Happy colors.
Elli