Re: "REVISED" Need NST

Hi Robert,

I called up ACTown and asked for a local distributor and just bought a new
one once.

http://www.actown-dot-com/

They directed me to a little hole in the wall place that had pallet loads
of brand new NSTs at wholesale prices ($50-$100).  The wholesaler
"officially" only sold to neon shops but they weren't about the turn the
guy at the counter with cash down :-)  I think Ted did this too for his coil.

I also searched the web and many neon shop suppliers are happy to sell and
ship them but the cost gets kinda high (~150).  That is how I got my new
15/60.  Since I do research, I try to get new stuff that can be easily
replaced with identical parts (but not cheap).

Rick Harris also may be able to get one for you as his other post mentioned.

You could also use oil burner transformers or microwave oven transformers.

Where do you live?  Like the person in Colorado looking for a variac the
other day, If you mention where you are you may jog a nearby coiler's
attention that has a bunch of stuff you need just lying around ;-))  If you
can find nearby coilers, they will know the "local tricks" for finding
stuff.  Sounds like you have tried all the usual tricks so maybe you need
some help from us :-))  I'll check around here and see if I can run across
any nice 15/60s looking for a home.

Don't worry, I used to have a ton of trouble finding NSTs too but now they
just seem to find me...

Cheers,

	Terry