AC/DC )Humor)

)Mr Moderator:
Pass on only at discretion....(  <Seems relevant ;-) >
    Kurt, when I was in DC Theory class (waaay back when they were still
teaching vacuum tube theory) the instructor showed us something he
claimed a
student placed on a test paper in response to the question "Explain why
capacitor in a circuit will block a DC signal, but pass an AC signal."

  The student drew two "capacitance" symbols on the paper:

   -------| |-------           --------| |---------

he then explained that DC is primitive and old fashioned, and comes
straight on,
with the following illustration:

--------------->| |
                | |
   -------------| |---------------
                | |

   and is therefore blocked by the capacitor.  AC, on the other hand,
being
more advanced and sophisticated passes by the following means:

               *
              * *
             * | *  |
          --*--|  * |-*---

   And thereby sneaks on through.

  The professor asserted that he found the proposition so clever he gave
the
student full credit for the answer (a myth, I suspect, but humourous
nonetheless)

--
Thomas J Keller
"Out! Out! You Demons of Stupidity!"