Re: circuit board caps

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi JJ

I remember from a book that I once had [but left behind in a move - sob
:-( ] of 1930's vintage - "High Voltage Physics" - that stated that the
authors found "plasticine covered with a smear of high temperature
grease" to be a good vacuum seal.

>From my own experience, I have found that the likes of epoxy - applied
externally to the vacuum vessel *whilst it is under vacuum* performs
well.  (It gets sucked into any gaps and crannies, blocking them.)  I
think that silicone sealant would probably work well if applied in a
similar manner.  The advantage of silicone would be that it can be cut
easily, should you need to get back in there...

Using the string (exactly as below) on Google, I found some likely
material for dielectric breakdown voltages:
"dielectric breakdown voltage" "circuit board"

http://www.ipc-dot-org/html/tm2.5.htm looks likely for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Janet Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpjmassage-at-earthlink-dot-net>