switching a polemount transformer

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>

Greetings from Chicago.

What do some of you  use to switch on an off a 10kVA polemount transformer?
I browsed some catalogs and it seems a two pole 100A contactor is something
like $400 and up (I"m not seeing any "value" there either). What about big
stud SCRs or electrical disconnect boxes with the fun handle? Has anbody had
problem with the inrush current?

KEN