Re: An intersting idea for ballast.

Original poster: "Michael H Nolley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nolleym-at-willamette.edu>

> The catch is in slowing the rotor down. That means power losses
> somewhere, even if the loss is in the form of frictional heating.
> Please correct me if I've misunderstood.
>
> Regards,
> malcolm

    Right on.  Ballast losses are just as lossy as gap losses, after all.
However, one thing I always
find ironic about the attempt to make a less lossy Tesla Coil is the fact
that the Tesla Coil is not
actually doing any work.  Its just making sparks.
            --Mike