Re: First "REAL" coil

In a message dated 4/7/02 3:15:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Frank,

A 15/30 NST can only give about a 45" spark maximum using
an efficient design.  This spark length can be obtained from
a 4" x 20" secondary.  Nothing will be gained by using a larger
secondary.  The only advantage of the larger secondary is that
it will permit you to increase the power in the future by installing
a more powerful transformer.  The secondary that you propose
to build is capable of producing more than 10 foot sparks, using
sufficient input power.  There's nothing wrong with using a 1:6
aspect ratio.  I suspect it's near-optimal actually, considering
all the factors.

Cheers,
John