Small starter project for a beginner

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

Hi folks,
I'm reading all your posts and find all this extremely interesting. It's
hard to understand some of the scientific calculus stuff but I'm trying to
follow along. You all seem really bright to me (pardon the pun).

I would like to start experimenting with SOMETHING and was wondering if
there's a simple starter project I could make with an automotive ignition
coil setup of some kind. This may help me learn by doing.

Thanks