Re: Toroid Recommendations?

Original poster: "John Dyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jd-at-dyerelectric-dot-com>

Mark!

 From my short experiences with Tesla Coils---

You look like you have more coil than power.  Start with your 4" X ?  toroid,
and work up.  I have a  15/90  6" coil working with nice breakout with a 6" X
20 or so duct toroid.  My 4" toroid is easier to get breakout. My 6" toroid is
harder to get nice breakout with on my 4" coil.   Your coil loooks to be large
enough to work with 2 to 3 times the power, and work up to larger toroids....

See pictures at www.johndyer-dot-com off the Tesla Coil link...

Cheers -   <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/>I'm John Dyer