From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 1:48 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: 4-125A, vacuum tube do's and donts

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Fucian-at-aol-dot-com wrote:
> any idea how much current this could do?

Matt,

Usually MOTs drive a magnetron, which delivers about 800 W to
the food to be warmed.

>Its filament winding is only 3.18volts :-((((((((( I need 5volts
- Sometimes it is possible to remove some of the turns. So you
could add another MOT with less turns to your existing one, if you
cann't find a suitable filament transformer.

>Is the core the return?
- Yes, one end of the HV winding is tied to the MOT's core. You
would like to connect the core to the mains ground for safety.

Take care!

Herwig

Greed is the root of all evil!