Re: Interference-SSTC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/17/02 10:03:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Matt
>

> > Hi all, how can I stop interference from my SSTC?It operates at around
> > 450khtz.
>

> How much (if any) of the system is screened?  I wonder if a nice, big,
> Faraday cage might help.  (Chicken wire).
>
> Cheers
>
> Matthew Smith

Hi Matt & Matt &
I will second this.
Note: Since 455KHz is the IF frequency of almost every AM radio in the world,
you couldn't have picked a worse operating frequency from an interference
standpoint.
It's one of the reasons VTTC coilers need to know something about radios before
building high power transmitters.

73's
Matt D.
G5-12