Re: flat coil ?

Hi Chris,

Since you mentioned programs and flat coil specs, here's what I do. I use
JavaTc and use only the
primary area (normally for flat primarys). I simply input (in inches) the
I.D. (0.125), the wire
diameter (0.063), the wire spacing (0.0034, this is the insulation
thickness between closewound turns
if magnet wire), the angle (0, for flat coil), and zero out the cap and
height boxes. Then just change
the turns until you hit ~2000 feet of wire (339 turns). Many outputs will
not calc due to other missing
elements, however, the OD, Length, and Inductance will be shown. No
capacitance unfortunately.
Anyway, OD is 45.02", length is 2003 ft, and inductance is 43.4mH. Just for
giggles, I popped these
numbers into Acmi and inductance showed 45.95mH. Of course, the inputs used
are the same as those I
used in JavaTC. Probably best to wait until you actually wind it. After
that point, make OD and ID
measurements, and count the turns, then let us know. These are still new
and I for one would be
interested in doing these exersizes again after we know the actual dimensions.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>