Re: flat coil ?

In a message dated 4/25/02 8:48:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Would I expect the flat
> coil to work better than a tube wound coil ?
>
> Chris

HI Chris,

I very much doubt the flat secondary will work better than
a tube style secondary.  If it does, it would suggest to me
that the tube style secondary TC is not optimized.   I've
never built a flat secondary, so this is just my opinion.
I don't see any reason for a flat secondary to work better.
Generally the shapes of primary or secondary have no
noticeable effect on the spark output if coupling and other
parameters, are set to be equal.

Cheers,
John