Weird coils

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

Hi folks,
The company I work for is next to an instrument mfgr.

Well, the other mad-scientist wanna-be here and I, often check the dumpster
(dust-bin/UK) for their discards.

This morning I found a bag full of coils. Apparently they go inside meters
or something. They look like #20 wire wrapped around plastic spools that
resemble a half a spool of solder (1 lb. roll).

Are these good for anything and if anybody wants some let me know.

Thanks
Dan
Ft. Lauderdale