RE: A beginner

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi,
I think that was a Van Degraffe generator and NOT a Tesla coil. We did
the same thing in HS. I think it unlikely anyone in his right tree would
allow a bunch of kids to touch the output of a Tesla coil.

I think you should start with a static (stationary) gap instead or a
rotary (moving) one for your first attempt. It is far easier to build
and produces good results.

Have a look at my site
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html
Check out the basic components and then follow the links area. I don’t
have many links but the few pages I do list have many more links in
turn.
I built my site esp for beginners (like myself) and it is pretty
straightforward. If I can help with anything specific post back here or
E-mail me directly from links available at my site.
Sincerely,
Jim Layton