Re: electrolytic capacitors/homemade capacitors

>Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>1>	Just wondering if anyone has used Electrolytic Capacitors in series on a
>Tesla Coil Curcuit before?? Would it work??

Sure...for about 2 seconds until you created a benchtop full of grenades.
Lytics *REALLY* don't like AC. :) For the extreme side of Electrolytic cap
design The Geek Group built the "Thumper" project, a bank of up to 250
seperate 450VDC 2000uF Lytics all wired in paralell through 500MCM rails. We
demo'd it at the Winter Teslathon with 80 caps and the shockwave could be
heard outside!

>2>	Anyone here ever built a stacked bucket cap before and used it for Tesla
>Coil operation?......I made 4 stacked caps from 12 PP plastic rounded
>laundry containers. Each container is .0313" thick and has 50"sqrd area
>worth of charge space.
>The cap is VERY POWERFUL!!!
>I'm guessing that its over 50 nF....

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1