tesla safety?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've noticed while running my coil, that even though its in a cool basement,
that the apparent ambient temperature seems to climb.
even after only running it for 5-10 minutes.

coil: 4x 12kv/30ma nst, 26nf plate cap, static gap, approx 940turns 22awg on
4.5" pvc. (25.5" wrapped length), tapped at turn 5 on pri.
inner radius of flat pri: 7.125" using 1/4" refrig tubing on 1/2" spacing.
static gap is made out of zinc fender washers on a 2x4 with some nuts to
adjust gap.  the fan i'm using doesn't seem to quench the gap much.

is this an affect of a high dose of ozone?
i doubt i would be writing this if I had experienced
rf heating. (right?)

thanks,
larry.