From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: 2002/03/25 Mon PM 07:35:29 EST
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Going, Going...

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

> Unless of course you have a micro switch to turn the variac off when it is
> at "zero" :-) That's the way mine is (the controller is a modified control
> box for dielectric testing: www.hipotronics-dot-com )
>
> Andy, KB3EWY
> http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm

	It's probably worth mentioning that, unless you've been very careful
that your switch opens the "hot" side of the line, you might still have
a big voltage to ground.  Modern 3-wire circuits suitable installed are
supposed to solve that problem, but I'd still be careful.

Ed