setting the safty gap ???

Original poster: "Shaun Epp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

Ok so I'm getting ready to try out my tesla after rebuilding a few parts but
I can't get the safty gap to stop firing when I start it.  My system is
running a 12Kv -at- 60mA NST with an RC filter and a safty gap made up three
brass balls  ~ 1cm diameter.  First I adjusted the two gaps past the point
of not arcing over on there own with 120volt input.  Then I forced an arc
with my shorting sticks and the arc wouln't go out, since then I've been
widening the gaps past 5/32" and it still won't go out (unless I blow on it
really hard 8 - ))  . No load is attached to the safty gap, I'm just trying
to set it before I hook up the tank cct.

Thanks,
Shaun Epp