Re: Just starting out

In a message dated 3/28/02 10:18:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the list.  You're 100% worthy to be on the list.
It's actually very easy to build a Tesla coil.  Most parts of
it are not critical.  Even a crude coil with a cardboard secondary,
and simple spark gap, can work very well.  A 12" spark is very
easy to obtain.  One of the main things to know about a coil is
the primary tank circuit must be tuned to the same frequency
as the secondary resonant frequency.  My website is at:

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

You may find something there of interest.

cheers,
John