RE: VTTC Tubes

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Winston

I often wondered if a crude but working transmitting tube could be
homebrewed and place inside a bell jar. It seems like one would need
constant access to the insides to make repairs. A quickly removable bell jar
would be ideal. On the other hand, tube construction seems impossible for
the homebrew artist. The specialized equipment is probably too expensive.
Stringing and attaching tungsten filaments!---I just don't know.

Godfrey Loudner