RE: SSTC As a transmitter.

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Paul -

You bring up a good point. What does cause the currents in the ionosphere to
flow? Normally a current will flow in a conductor when there is a difference
in voltage in the conductror. This is easy to explain for a generator but
how is this difference in voltage created in the ionosphere? What is the
mechanism that creates the EM fields that creates the voltage which causes
the currents to flow? And these currents are Hertzian waves?

In the case of the generator the energy source is normally the fuel which is
converted into work to turn the generator which creates a voltage difference
in the conductor circuit that causes the current to flow. In the case of the
ionosphere the source of energy is the sun but how is this energy utilized
to create an EM field that creates a voltage difference in the ionosphere
and causes currents to flow? Did Tesla find that an ultra high voltage from
a Tesla coil could somehow be a part of this syatem?

John Couture