You wanted a V A R I A C ?

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Folks,
I write this email with quite a bit of exhubilation.
As I've stated many times before but never hesitate to
reiterate, I am very pleased to have found you folks.
You are helping me work towards a cool thing that has
only been a dream before a few months ago. I am very
grateful for that.

Upon leaving work tonight (Fri. night) I saw a guy
from next door (the company who shares the bldg I work
in) out by the dumpster obviously taking something
they tossed out there. So I helped him load a couple
huge hunks of a disassembled drill press into his car
and got talking about stuff. I even got to go in and
see what they do. WELL<<<<<<<<<

Turns out this company is one of the few companies in
the world, so he said, that make variacs. He also
stated that they're the ONLY company in the world that
makes 35A variacs. Last week I posted a picture of one
I found in the dumpster and thus started a thread
about dumpster diving. Well he told me why that was in
the trash. Apparently they started making some of
these 35A variacs with the wrong wire and made a
couple dozen. We tended to agree that the reason for
their reject of the variacs would be null for us in
Tesla Coiling. He said he's going to give me a NEW one
and there possibly is like ten more that they're going
to TOSS out. AS far as Tesla coiling is concerned
these are new 35A variacs WITH a big phenolyc knob.
They just can't go into regular service in industrial
lighting, where they were designed for.

Unfortunately they weigh like 40lbs EACH. BUT if
anyone wants one I will get it and send it to you as
long as you pay for the shipping. We probably couldn't
buy variacs like this and I'm sure it would be great
with a pig TC or any TC for that matter. I'm sure
between you experts like Terry, Duck, Gary, D.C. and
many more, who know who they are, we could design a
wooden crate that I could use to pack it in. I have
plenty of plywood in my garage, table saw and tools.
Hey call me a sucker but you guys are helping me
so......what goes around comes around.

I just had to post this as I think it is an awesome
discovery and wanted to share it with you all.

Dan--Ft. Lauderdale