MOT vs. 0pen-frame transformer

Original poster: "C.L. Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net>

Ok, here's something I've been pondering all day...

I've noticed that the only REAL electrical difference between an MOT, and
any other
open-frame transformer, is that one end of the high voltage winding is
connected to
the core, via a stakon, and a rivet... what's to stop us from drilling out
the rivet,
and going straight coil-to-coil on series connected MOT's, instead of having
to bond
the cores together?

---
C.L. Mayeux