Re: Coherers & magnetic detector

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

My old book on "Wireless" describes the wire loop used in the magnetic
detector as being made of iron.  I'm wondering if the wire sold here
in hardware stores as picture frame wire might be used, as it seems
to be soft enough to bend around the pulleys.  It's made from steel
or iron, as it rusts quickly in a humid environment.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca