Electrical Oscillators in Space

Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

Re: TC vs Electron Gun

> But seriously, if someone has some good ideas on how to do the experiment,
> I'm willing to help write the proposal, etc.

It might be interesting to observe the electrical characteristics of the
following structures in free space:

A) an AC generator with terminals connected to two identical electrical
conductors of small cross section, extending in opposite directions, each
1/4 wavelength long at an arbitrary frequency.

B) an AC generator with one terminal connected through an impedance matching
device to a large conducting sphere and the other terminal connected to an
electrical conductor of small cross section, 1/4 wavelength long at an
arbitrary frequency.

C) an AC generator with one terminal connected through an impedance matching
device to a large conducting sphere and the other terminal connected to an
electrical conductor consisting of a helical coil of an electrical conductor
of small cross section followed by a smaller sphere comprising a system
effectively 1/4 wavelength long at an arbitrary frequency.

Models A and B could incorporate inflatable cylinders to extend the 1/4-wave
current elements.  Models B and C could incorporate inflatable Echo
satellite type structures for the spheres.

Gary