Re: Coherers & magnetic detector

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>Tesla list wrote:
>
>The iron (steel, more likely) "picture wire" around here is pretty big
>(about #30, and galvanized) and too stiff to really wind around the
>pulleys.  The original descriptions call for much finer wire, silk
>insulated, and I doubt if any of that still is available.
>
>Ed

Hello Ed, Coilers,

I should have been a little more descriptive about the picture wire I
mentioned in my earlier post.  What I have here is almost a litz-like
type of wire, with about 7 or 8 strands of very fine wire woven into
a bundle which overall is about number 20 gauge wire.  It's flexible
and I'm sure would have no difficulty in passing around the pulleys.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca