Re: An extremely good MOSFET driver

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Sue (& all)-

Thru-hole ICs--DIPs--for sure:  My old eyes are too poor to dream of
fussing with SMTs!

I checked the UC3865Q's data sheet: it appears to be for low-voltage use
only--& it includes a VCO which I would not have use for.  No charge pump
since it is not intended to drive a high-side MOSFET that is at any V.
higher than 22 or so.  Those IR 2110-type devices' charge pumps are
evidently quite high-impedance circuits.  Big electric fields mess them
up--at least, that's what I think I learned the hard way.

Ken