Re: Proposed capacitive transformer TC?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

> Also if the induction plane is made large enough, will it not in catch ALL
> the electric flux from the topload and replace ground as the return plane of
> the system  (L2 is directly connected to ground whereas L2 is directly
> connected to RF in conventional Magnifier)- becoming an "upside-down"
> Magnifier in effect?

This would be the C3=0 case that I mentioned in the last post. L2 and
the
terminal would have to be totally enclosed in a cage. Capturing 50% of
the capacitance is quite easy. A magnifier equivalent would include
a transformer (L1-L2) to drive the influence plane, and an extra
capacitor connected to the plane (C2) for correct tuning:

                                 (=====) Terminal

                                    L3
                   k12              |
    o------+--C1--+   +-----+---(=) | (=) Influence plane
           o      |   |     |       |
   PSU    gap     L1  L2    C2      |
           o      |   |     |       |
    o------+------+---+-----+-------+-o Ground

This system can be designed for higher gain and faster energy transfer
than the simpler version. Tuning is more complicated, however.
It's curious to note that the transformer of this magnifier
can be replaced by a capacitive transformer too (a capacitor between
the tops of L1 and L2)!

> By the way, In http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mresctw.jpg it appears
> that the base of L2 is grounded -is this correct only the ASCII diagram you
> posted seems to suggest otherwise -the ASCII format problem again, perhaps?

The base of L2 is grounded in the picture and in the schematic. With
a courier font, or any other fixed-width font, the drawing aligns
perfectly. If you can't configure your mail reader to do this, cut
the picture from the text and paste it in Windows Notepad to see it.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz