GroundvrsSprnkler

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok I have a question I have been wondering for about a week or 2. I probably
should address this before I run again..

My parents have an inground sprinkler system. The primary control boxes are
located near my tesla coil testing area and I have been unpluging them when
I run.
Except about a day or so after my last run one of the sprinklers #5 on the
second box refused to shut off until I shut down the valve allowing water
into the sytem. I was at first bumming thinking I had downed the system with
some stray EM energy, but after some later consideration thought maybe it
was something else, since I had unpluged them. When the sprinkler guy
arrived he confirmed my supspicions at first, and stated that it was a valve
in the system. Ok so I was curios I stuck around, and much to my suprise the
guy took a EM detection device out. A black plastic egg on a long cord
attached to a Multimeter type readout. He then setup a pulsing current
running though the sprinkler system, and proceeded to trapse back and forth
across my yard while swinging the egg back and forth. When the thing made
the right type of clicks he grabed a shovel and dug down to a small box.
The box was an electricaly controled valve switching device. Burried under
ground about 30 feet from my TC ground. My ground is about 5 or 6 feet of
copper pipe driven into the ground, I got lucky it was like hammering the
thing into butter and the top of the pipe is barely deformed. It is located
about 30 feet from the box that malfuctioned and an unknown distance from
any number of other wierd sprinkler boxes I was untill recently un aware
of...

Could my coil have downed this mysterious burried electrical box?
Is it safe for me drop current into ground near one of these things?

Thanks
Chris Dowdy
"Originally getting it effiently down into the ground was my only concern"