OLTC update

Hi All,

I got the IGBT timing controller done tonight.  Here are the four side
pictures.  Sorry they are about 400k each but I wanted to keep the details...

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-01.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-02.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-03.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-04.jpg

Here is the schematic:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-05.gif

I tested it with the HP 33120a function generator programmed with this test
waveform:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-06.gif

It is like the charging waveform and has uneven bottom spikes and noise in
parts of the signal.  I used my low-Z amp, Pearson 411 current probe, and
scope to test the controller by feeding this current waveform into it:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-08.gif

The controller tracks very well and handles the uneven spikes.  The noise
causes misfiring.  Something to be careful of on the coil but I think it
will be ok.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/OLTCigbtC-8-12-07.gif

Here is a close up of the 8 volt firing signal (top) and the input current
(bottom).  Nice and clean.  The real current waveform will actually be
considerably sharper.

Cheers,

	Terry