Re: Neighbors and noise

In a message dated 8/13/02 9:46:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I suppose that in any disruptive TC ,streamers
> shooting in air ( no contact with ground path) are
> more silent than gap explosions.

Boris,

I haven't seen that in my experiences.  Generally, even
air streamers are louder than the gap, unless the coil
is not running correctly as Bart spoke about.  The only
gap I've worked with that was especially loud, was the
triggered gap, but even this gap did not seem to be as
loud as the air streamers, once the coil was running
correctly.

John