Re: Rotary Gap Spacing

Gregg,

In some cases it matters.  If the ballasting is minimal, permitting
a very fast charging of the capacitor, and if the rotary speed is
low, and if the electrodes are wide, flat, and with a close gap,
they can re-fire while aligned, causing inefficient operation.

In my low bps sync rotary systems, I usually have the opposite
problem; I have to avoid wide gap spacings, and keep the gaps
narrow.

John