RE: Brass toroid? Brass plug capacitors.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

A toroid may be made of any good conductor, and brass is as good as any for
this application.  But aluminum is much cheaper, easier to apply in the
form of adhesive-backed tape, or form from a plate.  I think you would have
a very difficult time trying to make one out of brass. And it would tarnish :(

Plugs?  The things you plug into the wall?  I never heard that, no.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

   Is there a problem with useing a brass toroid?  Is it better to use
magnetic materials such as iron as opposed to stainless or brass for a
toroid?
     It seems i recall reading that brass plugs, suspended in oil, form
capacitors. Would alternateing plates of brass,(+ -  + - + - +), suspended in
oil form a capacitor suitable for Tesla coils?
Paul