Re: neon tube indicator

> It won't work.  Your neon tube will ionize and conduct around

> 1 kV

	Depends on the sort of 'neon tube'.  The common
	(are they common anymore???  8)>>) NE2 pilot light
	will fire at about 70v.  I inferred that was what
	was proposed, together with an appropriate dropping
	resistor.

> and your NST will just run the tube.

	If a display type tube, as used in window signs,
	were used, indeed.

> Your cap won't charge because most all the energy is in

> the tube.
 	If a display type tube were used.

	Either approach seems undesirable, for other
	reasons.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...