MOT V stress was Re: pole pig

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

Ted,

I lost the post before I could reply, but if I'm not mistaken, while
the voltage between the inside of the MOT secondary and it's core in
a 6 MOT setup may be ~ 4.4 KV, the outside of the sec. winding comes
close to the outside legs of the E segments, not free space, and are
uaually insulated the same as at the inside leg; at this point, would
the stress (Sec to core to primary) not be around 7 KV? That's where
one of mine arced over when I tried to use it as a charging reactor.

just checking...

cheers

--
Wells Campbell