Re: OLTC - Split core inductors

Original poster: "Bert Pool by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <txsharpie-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Terry,
You might want to look at using a "metglass" core.  This stuff makes for
incredible inductor cores, and is much more readily available than just a
few years ago.  This might allow the design of a more reasonable size
inductor with the saturation characteristics you need.
Bert Pool