Initial Test of SRSG - Does this look right????

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I just finished my SRSG and hooked it up to my NST 15kv/60ma to test it:

Here is the picture of my test:

 http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/rotarytest01.jpg

Since I've never seen one in action before (at least up close), I'm not sure
what is supposed to happen.  At first, there were barely some small little
blue arcs, but i then moved the electrode spacing to probably .005-.010 inch
and the above is what I got.  I seemed to draw the arc about 1 inch (or
approximately 45 angular degrees about the rotor)

Is this is what is supposed to happen or do I need to change my electrode
spacing.

Thanks again.

Dan