Re: a/c switches

Original poster: "Nick Andrews by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Another possible source for contactors is spa/hot tub repair places.  When I
worked on them, I replaced the contactors on old units fairly often.  Most
were 240V, 20A-100A units with 120V coils, used to switch the heaters and
motors/pumps.  They use a simple air switch to actuate the 120V to the coil,
further isolating the operator, a great idea when you're sitting in 500gal
of water...  I kept the old parts, of course.  If you ask the service guys
real nice, they may save them for you.

Nick Andrews
Littleton, CO