NiCd Battery Storage

Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

To the list,

I read that NiCd batterys should be stored uncharged.  Is this still true
for older nicads that have been charged and discharged a number of times?
What about storing a newer battery that has seen only one or two
charge/discharge cycles?

What would be a good proceedure for discharging a battery pack?, discharge
until the output voltage drops off then stop, or continue discharging until
current flow is minimal?

BTW, I use 9 volt nicads for portable operation of a SSTC pulse generator,
and to run a MOSFET driver circuit.

Gary