Re: Mirror Ball as VDG Sphere?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

One of those things would make a great VDG sphere.  I used a 12" globe with
foil tape on it, with a 5" hole in the bottom.  I had no problems with
corona leakage.  It didnt give as long sparks as my salad bowl bt still gave
about 15".  The sphere made the arcs really hurt, and left welts!  I bet if
i had the 18" sphere, it would be great!! I bet i could get some massive
sparks.  Too bad there isnt any "lawn toroids" that would sell for under
$100.

Steve Ward