Re: transformer help needed!

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Hi Pieter

Not really. The insulation would be too poor on these low voltage
transformers, to withstand the stress of anything resembling high
voltage.
A better approach is to get hold of 2 microwawe oven transformers
(MOT`s) They are great beginners transformers, in case you cannot get
hold of Neon transformers.
A dual MOT supply is well capable of 30 inch+ streamers from a 4 inch
coil, and if you chain 4 together, 50-60 inches is possible from 6-8
inch coils.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "The Cronje Family by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cronkies-at-netactive.co.za>