Re: diode check

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 8/26/02 10:09:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Get a regular diode that supports more than 200 V, and connect it in
> series with the diode under test and a low-power 110 V lamp.
> Connect to the assembly to the power line. If the lamp lights up with
> the unknown diode connected in only one direction, the diode is ok.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Thanks Antonio,
For another solution that is truly elegant in its simplicity. We often get so
dazzled by the sophistication of the available tools and technologies, that the
basic principles get overlooked.
Matt D.