Re: NiCd Battery Storage

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

> Mu experience if stored with no charge for a year or so they wont take a
> charge so I zap them with a quick shot of 12V car battry and they usualy
> will then start to charge, but not allways. I DID NOT SAY 12V STEADY that
> will explode them in your hand. Use them or loose them is good advise.
>   Robert  H

	For cells which look pretty much like an open circuit I've had pretty
good succes with REVERSE charging to a terminal voltage of about 1.5
volts, then discharging, then trying to charge again.  Sometimes it
takes several cycles but a cell is recovered, sometimes never.

Ed