Re: 1-turn coil inductance nomogram...etc.

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Jimmy (& all)-

What I have forgotten about transformer design would likely fill the old
textbooks I still have on my shelf.  What you seem to say is: reduce the
magnetizing (-at- 90 degree) current by utilizing more turns--no problem;
what's important is the current (-at- 0 deg.) that is going to be drawn by
virtue of the coupling to the secondary.  And to maximize the latter
current, maximize the coupling--in a system with an untuned primary, that
is.

Do I have it right & do others agree?

Ken Herrick