Testing MMCs

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Another quick question (sorry for all the questions . . .)

I've already blown my MMC twice and each time the damaged cap was blatantly
visible (either very black or still on fire), however I still suspect i have
a bad cap in my MMC.  Is there any other way to adequate test these things
to isolate a bad cap.

So far I've:

1.  Hi-potted cap to 22kVDC (rated value of cap is 24kVDC).  Only about
100uA leakage current so it looks okay.

2.  Individually measured capacitance across entire MMC and across each cap
individually and it seems okay.

The rest of the system appears to be okay as well, except when I run the
system, the SRSG seems to run quite at quite low power (much less than
before I blew the cap)

Thanks again.
Dan