Re: OLTC update

Original poster: "Darren Freeman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

Terry,

At 04:31 AM 27/08/2002, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
>
>watts.  The IGBT heatsink got just slightly warm (30C) with a long run.  If
>the coil is not breaking out, I really have no idea where the power goes.
>Perhaps into secondary heating.

Where does the power go...

Reminds me of an article in New Scientist years ago in which two scientists
were trying microwave heating for the home.. They had a metal room with an
essentially open microwave oven mounted in one wall.. One guy would sit
inside on a sofa while the other one was operating the controls (must be
pretty trusting!).

The conclusion was that microwave heating was very effective as it heats
the body and not the rest of the room, but there were concerns that
extremities would receive greater power than the rest of the body.. So they
recommended that men who want to have children one day shouldn't be trying
this until more results were known =)

And so I think perhaps for similar reasons we should also be concerned with
where the power goes... =)

>Cheers,
>
>         Terry

Have fun, stay fertile,